Friday, December 16, 2011

Lesson 3: I'm not clumsy, I'm accident-prone!

I slept through my alarm, left my essay sitting on my bed, put my shorts on backwards, locked myself out of my room, and dropped my lunch on the floor.
Have you ever had a day like that? I think some of my days should be filmed and aired as a full episode of America’s Funniest Home Videos: College Edition.

So many things about college are different than middle school and high school. One thing never changes: embarrassing moments. They are inevitable and guaranteed.

Spinach is bound to get stuck in your teeth at least once during the semester. Since you cant avoid it, prepare for it. You need the kind of friends who will text you underneath the table and tell you there is a something green the size of a tree growing in your mouth. Honesty is the best policy when it comes to avoiding making yourself a public fool.

The one day you wear a white shirt? That will be the one day you feel like eating Italiano food. You will most likely order spaghetti with meat sauce. Then you will proceed to spill marinara down the front of your previously bleachy white tee. It's unavoidable and bound to happen at least once. You can't avoid noodly goodness forever. My suggestion?  You could carry around one of those bleach pens in your purse. Or you could wear the shirt shamelessly and tell everyone it’s the new style. Looking saucy today!

Does this post remind anyone of a certain Fergie song? "You got me trippin... (Oh)...fumbling (oh)..."

Anyways, dummies in college, don’t freak out about your freak-outs. There are going to happen.

If you can’t laugh at yourself... you can’t laugh at yourself…and you are missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment